Re: 80's looping?

Scott-
    I did indeed see that performance, and I can't tell you who it was. I
can tell you she was using the Elecro-Harmonix 16-second digital delay
pedal, getting excellent rhythmic effects by shifting the "delay length"
slider at precise rhythmic subdivisions. This slider would shift the length
of the loop/delay in even squares of two - a loop of one second could be
doubled to two seconds, then doubled again to four seconds, then again to
eight seconds, and again to sixteen seconds. And dropped back down.
    Stain wrote:

> laurie anderson does/did that-so maybe thats who ya mean.
> i could be wrong and i'll eat a bug...
> (i dont think pamela z was doing that,yet @that time)

Start chompin' Stain. Laurie it was not. Don't know pamela z. Anyone else
know who it was? BTW, the effect was cool, jazzy, and highly accessable to
my twisted ears - the artist was major-key tonal and, as I said,
rhythmically in the pocket.