Re: Radio Massacre International

Duncan, thanks for the comments on about RMI's
looping techniques over the years. I noticed that
you mentioned you use a DL-4, which was my first
looper. Though I found a bit for most of my
looping purposes (I found myself playing that's
that were way longer 28 seconds), I do think
makes a FANTASTIC delay pedal. Having never owned
a real Echoplex (though I could if I wanted to, a
local guitar shop has both tube and transistor
models available), Copycat, Echorec, etc, I don't
know how well the DL-4 emulate the original
units. I just know that I can get pretty close to
the sounds I hear on my old Pink Floyd bootlegs
and Boston LP's (gotta love those rocket launcher
effects Tom Scholz used to get out of his
Echoplex).

Do I understand that you're the guitarist in the
group? If so, then maybe you're the person I
should ask about this. I'm not positive, but the
Strat in the photo collage inside the booklet of
Planets In The Wires looks like Rory Gallagher's!
I know Fender's UK division put out a limited run
of copies of Rory's classic battered Strat. Do
you have one of these, or is your axe's battle
scars just remarkably similiar? :-)

BTW, it's recently been brought to my attention
that in addition to Planets In The Wires, Wayside
Music now has five other RMI titles in stock.
Since I get paid this weekend, it's entirely
likely I'll be ordering a couple more right away.
Keep making that great music, and come back to
the US soon if you can.

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones