-mostly guitar content -was- Re: [looper's] RE: First Excursions into Frippertronics

  I'm curious, why is it that in most or many people's minds, the idea of
someone playing guitar pyrotechnics has to preclude the idea of someone
being expressive?   You can have both.   You can express yourself playing
quickly as well as playing slowly.   Different times and emotions and music
call for different things...   -just my thoughts...

Smiles,

        CQ

At 02:54 PM 11/22/02 -0000, you wrote:
>     >>Does anyone else have any comments on what to look for or why
something
><<   can't we just do the prefix thing ourselves, like this? it works for
>my filter. most annoying thing is when someone replies to a list along
>with
>a bunch of other addresses (like their mates or summat) and the
>list-address doesn't get seen by the filter.... but these are minor
>inconveniences, and so is spam. basically, you've got to stop treating
>e-mail inboxes like they were y'r own personal space, and get used to
>deleting stuff. it's easier than getting rid of /real/ junk-mail.
>anyway.
>his bobness.
>"""" happened while they were supposed to be doing something else....   ""
>eno for the legacy, not fripp. but steve reich and les paul had both done
>it earlier anyway.  and the e-bow was just around the corner, though
>a.f.a.i.k. fripp's never used one.    fripp's contribution seems to me to
>have been to stick at it and make it work commercially.
>"" guitarists who can tell whether they're holding a guitar or their own
>pork-prong.....  I can enjoy listening to many wildly different styles of
>guitar-playing but the common factor to all the afore-mentioned and
>extending to the likes of evh, rory gallagher, leslie west and so on, is
>the rapport they have with the instrument that permits every nuance of
>expression to show. as opposed to the it-could-be-anyone-playing-that
>pyrotechnics of, say, johnny greenwood or ace from skunk anansie or dave
>grohl or..... (hendrix rated dusty hill very highly, but you've got to
>listen to an uncomfortable amount of zz top to figure it out, and it's
>barely worth the trouble.)   "" on dave lee roth's lyrics, or /any/
>hendrix... and this is key to understanding why none of jimi's many
>imitators- trower, frusciante et al- don't sound like the real deal.
>""""
>which sounds like he's walked into the room backwards just in time for his
>solo.... the man used to have a sense of humour.  """""". pretty much
>anything where he appears as a guest.  """" KC album) was mr cobain's
>favourite album ever. apparently.  you have to love the guy, curmudgeon
>though he be. just don't try to take his picture during a set- he will
>leave the stage before the flash has faded.  duncan/r.m.i.

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
> of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
> be privileged.  If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
> not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
> in any form whatsoever.
> If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender
> by replying to this message.
>
> MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
> external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
> [...]

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.