Re: Les Paul

<<The Les Paulverizer is a guitar-mounted
controller for his backing tapes, but details on
it have eluded me.>>

He also uses it for recording parts while playing
live. Back in the late 70's, a documentary called
Les Paul: The Wizard Of Waukesha was made. In it,
there's a bit where Les demonstrates it in
concert. He plays a guitar lick, then has the Les
Paulverizer repeat, while he overdubs a bass
line, then a melody part, and then jokingly says
"I can even do drums", then starts slapping his
guitar strings for a rhythmic effect. After a
bit, he laughs, says "I'm only foolin'", and cues
his drummer to come in with the loop he's created
and Les starts soloing over it.

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones