how reviewer got album?

mark-
i sent the reviewer a copy of my album (i actually sent out probably around
40 copies to various "independant magazines and online sources").
i should probably read the "indie bible" or something, but i read some
source that said that major labels to promote new albums send out between
300-500 copies to reviewers/radio stations. i figured, i'd try to send
out a few and see what happens. it's been an experience....
s---