cd-r's

>Are you sure it's a problem with the CDR's your using and not the burning
>
>software - burning to red book specs etc.?

I have the same problem too. Many 80 minute cd-r's will play about 2/3 the
way through on a regular cd player. Then it'll start to skip until the
player fails. Those were ones I bought at neato.com, but I think I had
that
problem with some others too. When I noticed that happening last year, I
bought 400 of the good but soon to be discontinued brand. I only have
about
20 of those left...