Re: CD-Rs

--- Engineering <hans@ernieball.com> wrote:
> [the emtec fellow] also noted that a Sharpie is not
> the right tool for labeling your
> media.  The solvents in the ink are not kind to the
> laquer layer that coats the top of the disc, and
> this can lead to problems down the line.
> (But I do it anyway).

Me too.

Did the guy from Emtec have any recommendations in
lieue of a Sharpie? It's interesting; I have a package
of Sharpies right here in front of me, and there's a
sticker on the front that says Roxio recommends
Sharpies for writing on CDs. Apart from the sticker,
the packaging says absolutely nothing about CDs even
though the "marks on most everything" blurb attempts
to be all-inclusive. Hmmmm....

I've just noticed that on the pen itself there's a
statement specifying that it's "not for letter
writing"... Damn...

-t-