Re: archiving methods

i have to agree with mr. monk here. a well-made 1/2" 30ips master kills
a dat or cd-r. i have heard (but not 'heard') that 24bit/96khz comes really
close, but that format is just being born. i backed up a lot of my 1/4"
tapes when i first got a dat for convenience, but i still go back to my
masters and my revox when i need to remaster something. archiving is
essential - do it on the best format you can - but store those originals
well, you'll be glad you did!
bruce