playing with others ll

<PRE>another marathon playing session today.....drummer, guitar/bass, and
yours
truely on guitar ->zoom2100 ->digi.space station ->boomerang+ ->fender
champ.....(one very easy carry).....the zoom prior to the s.s and the rang
gives you the opportunity to take those three 5sec loops and warp the hell
out of them and drop them into the rang for a great big amount of sonic
craziness.....i can not tell you how happy i am to integrate my loops into
this free improve format.....i can see very quickly how often i go for the
"known" licks and runs, got to do something about this.....but after about
3.5 hrs (one tune!) i began cutting loose (as you young folk would say)
and
what a refreshing feeling after bangin away for so long.....what really
blew
my mind was the quality of the recording, playing into a mic is very hip
after going direct for so long, we recorded to cassette btb.....luddites
one
and all.....this "free improv" stuff is muy interesanto, key does not
matter,
chords do not matter, the beat seems to have some importance and for that
am glad, a place to hang a hat so to speak.....its hard work to play this
way, thank goodness i have loops and warpage to fall back on.....shows are
comin im afraid.....:).....michael