Re: vst loop plugin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Per Boysen" <per@boysen.se>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 22:33:PM
Subject: SV: vst loop plugin

> > not sure how many of you out there do any looping inside a
> > computer, but i thought i'd ask anyway...
> >

> Not much yet, but looking into the future I can see myself playing gigs
> with a rack mounted PC (or maybe a laptop) controlled by a midi floor
> device.

This brings up an item I caught at a trade show last year, a rack-mountable
server by Compaq that's less than an inch thick, but 2x3ft.  They're for
rack boxes with their own fans, but I could figure out how to do this
without spending Compaq's overblown price if I just had the time.  Then
again, laptops are already in their own and for the most part seem to have
solved a lot of the heat problems of the past.  But I'd still like to build
a PC that'd hang off the back of my work area, with the only fan required
being used by the power supply (if that's even necessary).  Theoretically
it'd just need a dusting once in a while, London being what it is.

Make THAT with Mac hardware - if you can even find the parts...

S.P. Goodman
EarthLight Productions
*
http://www.earthlight.net/Gallery - Cartoons and Illustrations!