Re: frisell's neck

FYI, some quotes directly from the man about this

http://archive.guitarplayer.com/archive/artists/improv.shtml

"I'll play one note, and while the delay expends that note, I can bend it
around and get this kind of manual chorusing."

http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Delta/2495/gp485_bf.htm

Frisell began putting together the ingredients of his trademark airborne
guitar sound in the mid '70s, and he often used his ingenuity to explore
hidden ranges of timbral colors that are available with limited equipment
resources. About 1975, he swapped his ES- 175 for a sad-looking, late-60s
Gibson SG that served him well for several years, despite his penchant for
tugging on the neck: "That neck is real flexible. There's hardly anything
holding it to the body, so I bend it a lot. I'm still waiting for it to
come
off in my hands. It goes out of tune; if I play a chord, maybe a certain
note will go out. By moving the neck a bit, I can bring different notes in
and out of tune. I like that.' Combined with a delay unit, this hands-on
technique can result in some disarming, woozy frequency sweeps. "I use a
long echo on the delay," Bill explains, "and by bending the neck, it's
like
a manual chorus. When the machine is playing in the same time as the note
you're fooling with, they rub against each other.'