line 6 echo pro

I understood from this recent thread that these beasties are going out
low these last times.
I'd like to ask fellow loopers here two things: one that goes on topic:
what is the experience of the people here with one as far as ovreall
sounds and possibilities first, and second, as far as lopping in
concerned, and second: if anyone has an address, a phone number of
wherever I can find one dirt cheap (remeber I live in France, the "go to
see your local Mars Music store" isn't going to work).

Subsidiairy question: how the power line works ? can you switch 110 to
220 V ? is it an external power suppply ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier Malhomme