Re: Behringer weight and mixer options

>I don't know the size of the stuff you're considering,
>but you definately want to keep it as small as possible.
>If you're using the 2642 for sane stuff, rather than exploiting
>it's potential for re-routing a whole bunch of FX and Loopers
>then I'd expect you can work out something practical.
>The  2642 plus 2 or 3 rack units in a box would be manageable.

Thanks. To elaborate a bit:

I was going to rack an EDP/Echo Pro/Filter Factory/ and 1 or 2 other FX
eventually (anyone use the MPX 200?).

The 2642 just seems to be a great unit for expansion. I only need 4
channels
(2 for gtr, 1 for the EDP and one for a boomrang), but I think it may be
the
only 6 aux Behringer and its only $250 now. Plus, I thought it was only a
7
space rack (if musicians friend is correct).I'd like to use the DJ shuttle
but I don't think that unit leaves cable space like the gig rigs, so it's
not really 8 usable spaces on top.

Until recentely I have split my signal with a boss line selector to the
two
loopers and then to a couple of fenders. This is my big move to not only a
rack, but also the utilization of a mixer. I'd love to know if anyone uses
mixer that might work and not be so heavy (and rackable).

This list has revolutionized my musical life over the past couple of
years.
This is just another occasion where I have been considering gear and all
of
a sudden a thread on said unit starts. I don't say it enough or chime in,
but thanks to all, this is a great voyeur list!

Nick Schillace