RE: mixers in a loop rig and OT: Behringer mixers

I know I sometimes sound like an endorsee (and currently are confronted
with
a complete system failure of the bus/DSP structure of a brand new unit),
but: Behringer DDX3216. These options (aux mono/stereo) are configurable.

And you might be able to use the dedicated faders for the routing to the 16
busses (selectable pre/post) for related applications.

While we're talking about Behringer mixers with regard to reliability
issues: I've never had one of their mixers going down on me (apart from the
forementioned DDX, which came defective from the start), but if it's true
what "they" say about reliability in comparison to, say, a Mackie:

I figure that system failure on a mixer is contacts or pots starting to go
bad slowly. So a mixer which starts to act up strangely mid-performance is
not a show stopper (question to you all: is this correct ?), as long as I
do
repair/replace it before the next show. The price ratio of a Behringer
MX2642A to the roughly comparable Mackie 1642 VLZ Pro is 1:5. So I can
simply buy two mixers and always swap them, and two years later (when the
minimum warranty in Germany has ended) simply buy two more and still be
better off compared to the mackie!

        Rainer

Rainer Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de