Re: Re: Behringer weight and mixer options

> Thanks. To elaborate a bit:
>
>  I was going to rack an EDP/Echo Pro/Filter Factory/ and 1 or 2 other FX
>  eventually (anyone use the MPX 200?).
>
>  The 2642 just seems to be a great unit for expansion. I only need 4
channels

>  (2 for gtr, 1 for the EDP and one for a boomrang), but I think it may
>be
the

7
>  space rack (if musicians friend is correct)

its an 8u unit, just checked with a ruler.

Have you considered a 1u mixer, there's a number
of options available.
The Behringer Ultralink pro is v. flexible, each channel
is either a splitter or a mixer.
Also MAM make some interesting stuff.
They're all very cheap, so you could even combine a
couple of units, using one to split the signal where you wanted it,
and one to mix.
This would give you a setup of about 8u all together,
quite portable.

Working out all your routing options is going to take ages though:-)
(especially if you want stereo, which I assume you do
with 2 amps)

I remember talk on this list from David Torn, who
had a 1u mixer (Rane) modified so that the pan pots
became an AUX send.

Its a problem, that the only mixers with
a decent number of sends have about 20 channels or
more.

wish i could point you to an easy answer, maybe someone
else can

andy butler