Re: Peter Gabriel

<<I saw PG in Detroit and I thought the sound was
pretty decent myself.  -I could even understand
what PG was saying when he spoke...something I
usually have trouble with.  I thought the Blind
Boys of Alabama came across well too.

What I was bummed with was the reaction of the
crowd!  Too many polite and quiet people sitting
on their hands.  You gotta let the artist feel
some love...this was Detroit Rock City for crying
out loud!  ha ha >>

Say wha?! That's weird! :-)

Actually, in Cleveland, the sound was relatively
good. Except when I go to Clevleand Orchestra
concerts at Severance Hall, I've worn earplugs to
every show I've seen (even Tori Amos and Roy
Harper) since 1994, so I didn't have a problem
with it being too loud. I did have a hard time
hearing Tony Levin's bass. There was this big,
gargatuan, but somehow not clearly defined low
end through the whole set. But the rest of the
band sounded mostly fine.

As for audience reaction, we had about a 50/50
mix of people who were "into it" and those who
seemed to be less so. During In Your Eyes, for
instance, there was a lot of people doing the
thing with the arms that Gabriel and Yousou
N'Dour do in the video (and which Gabriel and the
two African guys were doing in the show), but
also quite a few people who couldn't be bothered.
I, of course, was one of the former. I like to
get into the spirit of things.

I liked The Blind Boys From Alabama way more than
I thought I would. They sounded great, and a lot
of the crowd seemed to be getting to hearing them
as well.

Now, what I want to know is, how was the
attendance at the shows you guys saw? In
Cleveland, Gund Arena was about 2/3's at best
full. There were a LOT of empty seats. In fact, I
saw a lot of people disappear after The Blind
Boys' set. I figured maybe they went to use the
bathroom or something, but they never came back.
Then, after the show, I saw the one guy who had
been sitting next to me at the outset, and he
said he moved down to a nicer, unoccupied seat
closer to the stage. Well, Peter, his band, The
Blind Boys and the Tanzanians (I think they were
Tanzanian, I have to check the tour program,
which isn't immediately handy) all played their
hearts out for us.

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones