Re: Speaking of NAMM...

At 1:37 PM -0800 12/30/02, doug @ jump/cut wrote:

>two years ago I borrowed a badge to get in and I walked around for a
>couple of hours, then one of the security guards at an exhibition
>hall asked me for photo ID ... snagged!

You must have really stood out in the crowd! It's so common for NAMM
attendees to be using other people's badges that it's a running joke.
Of course in recent years NAMM (the organization) HAS been tightening
access, so you may have been caught in a sweep.

>This may only get you so far as well since they check badges when you go
>from exhibition hall to another exhibition hall.

I've never noticed guards between the halls (the freely connect at
two points), but then I usually have a legit badge. Walking around
badgeless is not a viable solution. I might allow you to make a
connection for a real badge though.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com