Re: [looper's] production fretless guitar

At 1:15 AM +0000 12/31/02, max valentino wrote:
>I have heard just the opposite: that nylon string gtrs respond
>better that steel strung counterparts!

The first time I ever met a Godin nylon MIDI guitar or a Roland
VGuitar was at the same time, as a system. It seemed fine to me.

Now that I think about it, the comment I heard was NOT about nylon
vs. steel strings but about RMC vs. magnetic pickups! It seemed
reasonable to me at the time, because I'd expect piezos to pick up
more of the spectral complexity of the attack (harder to analyze)
whereas a magnetic pickup would reproduce the sustain portion more
cleanly. Any pickup gurus have an opinion.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com