feckless fretless

i know this is a topic that gets recylced every year or so, but i have
a great fretless nylon string made by Rick Turner that plays and sounds
great. it is true that the 6 string is in danger of sounding like a
fretless bass, but that has more to do with the phrasing than the
instrument (although the sustain makes it more tempting i guess) an
oud's an oud and a fretless nylon string guitar is ....well, you can do
the math...