stan card: electronic feedback loop (was dt gig-spam)

stan,
i said,
>> there will be live looping; i'll certainly employ 1 edp, 1 pcm42, 1
repeater,
>> and the electronic feedback loop between my gtrs and amp.
>>
>> best,
>> dt / splattercell

you replied,
>"electronic feedback loop" is the most
>forceful,creative,unlimited,chaotic,musical,
> amusical and meaningful
>looping i have heard and love to play.
to be clear, i wasn't trying to be clever, nor was i referring to the (for
me) 'normal' playable loop of guitar/amp/speaker/pickup feedback;
i was mentioning the electronic feedback loop that i've got built into my
instruments, wherein a line-output from my amp is sent back to the input
on
the guitar, whilst the guitar output is still connected to the amp in the
normal way.
i have a very fast momentary switch on the face of the instrument that
allows
for toggling between output (normal) and input (electronic feedback loop).
when the loop is engaged, the broad potential range of the feedback
signal's
pitch/timbre/rhythm is manipulated not by the instrument's strings, but
via
*any* control in the path, eg volume, tone, any ctrls on pedal-devices
etc.....
additionally, i've discovered that the last actual *played* notes (while
the
guitar is set to 'output', that is) ---depending on their distortion
lvl/waveshape--- will certainly deeply affect the beginning of the
feedback-loop's harmonic/timbral arc and shape.....

if you have a mixer at hand, you can experiment w/this by feeding any
channel's output directly to its input --- ie, no 'instrument' in the path
--- and then massage all eq's, faders, etc that are in the channel path;
obviously, if you then add/insert delay-based/looping devices into the
channel path, well..... have fun!
but:
when yer first mutzing around w/all this, be sure to *KEEP YER HAND ON THE
MASTER FADER*, so as not to blow up your monitors.....

anyways, this is another kind of looping that i employ.

best,
dt / splattercell

http://www.splattercell.com
http://www.egroups.com/group/davidtorn