Re: mixing and routing

I agree.  One of your issues is probably trying to mix synth with guitar.
I don't know about the GR300, but I
don't let my GR30 mix my guitar signal with it's synth signal.  I send my
synth (unprosessed) into a mixer, and
the guitar through a multieffects/tubepreamp and then into a mixer.  I
still get some noise, but it's mostly due
to the fact that I'm not all that careful with chord placement and our apt
is VERY noisy rf wise.  I think it
may be the fridge.  Computer monitors seem to contribute as well.  I'm
moving and hoping the new place is a bit
better, as I'll be able to keep my stuff farther away from my computer.

Part of the problem is that it seems like your preamp is after a bunch of
effects.  Probably OK when you're
going clean, but when you start using distorted channels you end up
compressing your signal and all that gain
will give you lot's of noise.  When I'm not using the Digitech 2120
(tubepreamp/effects) I use a little Johnson
JT-50 which has a stereo effects send that's post preamp, so my distorted
signal is hitting the effects which
helps.  Warning: Reverb after distortion usually sounds like crap.  Good
luck.

Mark Sottilaro