Re: [OT] Done to Death (was: Lucky Bastards)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Catilyne" <catilyne@icicle.net>

> >Realistically, I do have an audience and I even got a amazing review
>from
> >the New Music critic at the Village Voice last Fall (see my web site).
>
> ...And if you're the same David Beardsley I've run across previously,
there
> are a couple of kickass psycho-rockabilly albums in there as well,
> correct?  (although, it's been fully two decades since I've seen those,
>so
> I could be a bit sketchy there)

Wasn't me! There sure seem to be a lot of musicans with my name,
I'd hate to have to be like Yngwe and start using a middle initial.

> >When I finish my guitar CD, I'll be able to play  "mainstream" venues
that
> >can afford to advertise.
>
> So it sounds as if you've actually had some success in "dragging the
> mainstream toward you".
> Any thoughts on what's worked well for you in that
> process, and what hasn't?

Network. Get to know your local important music critic. Send
him gig anouncements by email. Know the underground.

* David Beardsley
* http://biink.com
* http://mp3.com/davidbeardsley