RE: Loopfest - the opaque veil of technology

**Hey kids, there's art and there's entertainment.
I must say, however, that articulate beats the knickers off . . . . not
articulate.
Lefty

>Call me a purist, but the technology should be used to augment a
>performer's skill in their instrument of choice.  Most of the time, what
>I heard was "look-what-I-can-do-with-this-cool-piece-of-gear".  They
>probably had chops, but the opaque veil of technology had descended on
>their performances, covering up their true musical talents.

looping is always an interaction between musicians and "cool-piece-of-gear"

>Let's use this amazing technology to create things that are articulate
>and wonderful.

... articulate??? sounds like a well educated, classically-trained
musician ... HOW BORING ...

salve, realjesus
www.colectivo.ch