RE: Gig Report: Portland LoopFest A-Go-Go (my EDP in action)

Thanks for putting this on goatman! Had a great time and enjoyed the
whole show a lot (esp yours and Dave's sets). Great crowd and vibe, way
beyond expectation. Brief 'subjective' report follows:

This was my 1st loop performance and 1st time playing live in 7 yrs or
so. I decided to limit myself to acoustic gtr and EDP, and as an
afterthought, and to stereoize the EDP output, added a Vortex to the EDP
output.

The biggest challenge was getting comfortable with my PMC-10 patch sets
and EDP IV (presets) programmed with a couple patch sets appropriate for
a solo non-midi-synced set. I must say that every PMC patch set for EDP
IV control re-contextualizes the EDP. The new dedicated midi commands
pack a lot of possibility...In the heat of the performance I ended up
doing one loop at a time and doing lots of Unrounded Multiplies, short
attention span looping rather than ambient. Without syncing to a clock
or rhythm, I preferred SUS Record rather than toggle, for getting
tighter timing.

Hitting the intended pedals in time, and not accidentally hitting the
wrong one, was the name of the game. The best shoes I could find for the
'dance' were my mountain bike shoes, but still managed to hit a couple
of wrong ones. I also included unintended speaker feedback, though my
tastes run more to the pastoral than noise squalls.

I ended every piece with one of my favorite techniques: doing shorter
and shorter Unrounded Multiplies with EDP feedback just short of 127
until sound fades to silence.

The EDP is so intense, and no question it is an instrument in its own
right.

Neil