Re: EH 16sec.DDL reissue?

>> If you win me over to the 16 second DDL
>> cult, I assure you, it will be reissued.

I think it had to do with the fact that some of the electrical components that were in the original EH 16s Delay are no longer available. There may be comparable components on the market today, but from what I understand, it would make a re-issue very expensive and most likely, not worthwhile re-issuing based on how many units could be sold. I think it's more economics of making the re-issue available than anything else ...

From what I understand, if certain components fail in the vintage EH 16s Delay, they are not even serviceable ...

Now this is just my knowledge based on what I read in the newgroups (from reasonably respectable sources) ... I think it was Kim that mentioned what the components were and why they were so difficult to source, is even at all  ...

To me, it's like someone asking IBM to start manufacturing PC XT again with them trying to source 8088 processors and 256K memory chips to put into them ...