Re: looking for simple live looper not based on tempo....

Dylan wrote:
> i've heard trey uses the ibanez dm-2000 for this
> stuff, but it only has a 2-second delay i think.

If you're looking for an old-school delay with 'hold',
add the Korg SDD-1000 to your list. It's also only two
seconds (2.048, actually, but who's counting); I've
found mine really useful in conjunction with other
loopers. (Like Trey does with the dm-2000 and
Boomerangs)

Also, the DOD DFX-94 sampling delay will grab up to
the last four seconds before you hit the switch. It's
a weird little box, and the source of at least one
gear addiction. (Matt Davignon's claim that he can
give 'em up at any time sounds like denial to me!)

I haven't tried one yet, but the new Boss DD6 does
about 5 1/2 seconds, and unlike the earlier DD*
series, I've been told you don't have to keep standing
on it to keep 'hold' engaged...

-t-