Re: 4'33"

--- SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:
> > 4'33"  The XTREME MIX.  If you listen to
> >it............it's way quieter  than
> > any other version ever recorded. ;-)
>
> that's because you should have opened the windows
> first;-)

Rick's letting the *listener* open their windows; his
recording is intentionally quiet so that one
particular Santa Cruz car horn honk won't be heard
every time around. ;-) Honk...

I find Rick's version refreshing, because so many
performers take liberties with the tempo of that
piece, usually playing it waaaay too fast. ;-) ;-)

Honk...

What I'm waiting for is someone to perform Ligeti's
'Poeme Symphonique' with *one* metronome and 100 EDPs!

-t-