Re: EH 16sec.DDL reissue?

>  The EDP and Repeater have great power,
>but are different things and most useful for those who enjoy twisting
>and control of multiple loops (and like reading manuals).

no, I did not build the EDP for this and dont use it like that, personally

>  The 16-second
>DDL is just hands-on immense fun.

and the EDP isnt?
It has more functions, but there is no need to use them.

Reasons for a reissue of the EH:
- cheaper / smaller than a EDP - as other units on the market are.

- the specific sound characteristic, given by the Bucket-Brigade
technology - but thats the chip which is not available any more!
Also, this sound probably can be reasonably well moduled, I dont how
how good the DL4 is at that.

- The speed/pitch variation as well discussed in other posts
You dont need a Bucket-Brigade for that, as it works very similarely
on the early digital delays which used pure HW AD and DA converters
that can be clocked just like the Bucket-Brigade. Or do you hear a
difference I am not aware of?
The newer cheap and good converters (CODECs) all have an internal
processor and thus cannot be clocked freely. So to reissue a unit
that works like the old digital delays you woud have to use old,
expensive, noisy, hard to find parts (I did not dig throug that chip
market recently, so I may be wrong).
We are aware that we should provide that in a future EDP kind of product.
In order not to turn the HW expensive, we should do it by software
modeling. Since the EDP works with a endless memory and not by
reading samples, it should not be too dificult. But I cannot promiss
nothing here...
I wonder whether Line6 tried and did not succeed or whether they did
not think of it?

It becomes even more tricky if you want to module the mechanical
characteristics of a tape echo speed control...

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org