Re: Hexfuzz (was Re: Fretless MIDI guitar)

>I think that is the point of the PolyOctave, but I could be wrong.
>Speaking of
>Hexfuzz, some of the most beautiful fuzzy tone comes from Matthais'
>little self
>made box.  I don't know much about it, but the tone he gets is pretty
>amazing.
>I wonder why he hasn't tried to commercially produce it.

I did, 1984 in Frankfurt. And I really tried hard to explain that it
can be used to play chords, but still, the ones that would be able to
play polyphonically said: "I will never try any distortion" and the
ones interested in distortion did some quick solo line and were
disapointed that it did not sound as dirty as the Marshall.

I did not just build 6 filters and 6 distortiors, but the clipping is
dynamic, so strings with different volumes will still have thoses
different volumes after distortion, so you can make a melody stand
out of a chord.
And you all heard it at Loopstock :-)

And its on my site, you can build one.

--