From: Matthias Grob [mailto:matthias@grob.org]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 12:12 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: LIVE at Winter NAMM and LA party

Thank you Neil
it always sounds great when we read about it.
then when you try, you realize for example that the tempo tap has to
be done before the recording, so you need a metronome or a very good
time feeling to play exactly into the timing you just tapped - which
throws me back to the troubles I got rid off in '92...
... or it may be smarter than that? a "real" Record function? Maybe
by creating a MIDI  command for Tap+StartRecord and Tap+StopRecord?

>What's new in Live 2?
>
>Live 2 enhances the performance and jamming features of the original
>software and also adds multi-track recording and editing with "Elastic
>Audio". Version 2 turns Live into a comprehensive studio recording and
>editing tool.
>
>Elastic Audio
>- Selectable warping modes for clean stretching of all types of audio
>- Recordable tempo changes and a continous tempo envelope

so it continuously streches the existing loops when you tap a new tempo?
That would be great!

>- Tempo tapping
>- Ability to bypass time-stretching for individual clips or recordings

so you can do polyrhythms?

>New Comprehensive Studio Tool
>- Easy, tape-style multitrack recording with punch in / out and
metronome
>- Super-fast arranger navigation

I wonder if that allows some easy layering like the EDP Multiply
function?

>- Better handling of non-looping clips

so we can record the solos?

>- Improved automation handling and editing for fast parameter access
>
>Smarter Jamming
>- Relative Session Mapping

I wonder what those mean for our kind of use...

So, maybe, someone can find out more at NAMM...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org