Re: bucket brigade was Re: EH 16sec.DDL reissue?

>what is the name of the thread where you discuss the "bucket brigade"
>chip?

I dont know...
The buckets are capacitors. At each clock, the charge of the previous
is transfered to the next. The biggest chips had 4096 buckets and
were made by Philips and Matsushita. The first ones appeared in the
early 70ies. They were all noisy.

>this reading samples and endless memory thing is something that i have
>been
>trying to get to for months.  the repeater "reads samples", right?

right

>and that, ultimately is why there is a pop at the loop point on a
>looped sine, right?

it seems avoidable, but yes, its more likely to happen.

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org