Re: fretless baritone gtr

I don't think a fretless Chapman Stick would work at all.  I don't play
one, but my best friend Katrin does and it seemed to me that the sound
was totally based on the string striking the fret after being tapped.  I
imagine without that fret it would just "buzz" out on a flat plank.
No?  I could be totally wrong.

It seemed a finicky beast as well, she's have to play it at room temp
for a while after it had been in any type of cold. (and we only live in
the San Francisco area, so we're not talking BRRRRR)  Before warmed up a
lot of the strings would barely sound.  This was an oak instrument, and
probably wouldn't happen with a carbon fiber model.

I'd send some mail to Emmet before I went and started ripping frets off
a $1000+ instrument.

Mark Sottilaro