NAMM redux and 1st looping tour thoughts

I'm finally back to a computer after coming back from NAMM.

I feel very sheepish because I suggested the ANNUAL NAMM AD HOC
LOOPERS DELIGHT LUNCHEON and didn't attend.

As it turns out,  Electro Harmonix was not listed ANYWHERE in the NAMM
literature and I arrive in time to be unable to find out where it was.
I was so pissed off because it was going to be one of the highlights of my
NAMM show to see some of you folks.

I even went to the head office of NAMM and they had no listing.

PLEASE whoever suggests next years meeting place:   do some previous
research and make sure that it is listed somewhere in the NAMM guide!!!!!!

So...............that was a bummer, but NAMM was great.  I had a rockin'
good
time at Cycling 74's booth and got to meet a couple of musical heroes of
mine:

Kit Klayton (whose abstract electronic music I have really dug and been
influenced by
has also designed JITTER which is the awesome new Visual looping software
for
Max/MSP users.

JHNO another brilliant musicians who has designed one of the coolest
looping
pieces of software that I have seen called RADIAL (thanks so much to the
incredibly talented
Jerry Basserman for giving such and informative demo of that program which,
I think has
convinced me to buy a MAC laptop for my next computer purchase.

check their stuff out at www.cycling74.com

and.....

Steve Duda----who has been designing electronics for Nine
Inch Nails and Rob Zombie and has a very hip new piece of looping software
called the
Devine-Machine.    I met Steve years ago when he was an intern at a
recording studio that
recorded at a lot.  I"m so impressed with how far he has come in the
ensuing
years.
Check his shit out at www.devine-machine.com

then to top it all off we had an inspirational gig at Rocco's with the
incomparable
Michael Manring, Steve Lawson and Andre LaFosse..........i'm totally stoked
about the rest of the tour based on this first really creative and fun
outing.

take care all...............loop on..................yours, Rick Walker
(loop.pool)