Re: shipping from u.s.a. to italy...suggestions?

> It also seems to be
> very smooth in getting
> through customs, I assume due to long established
> treaties forging the
> links between various government's postal
> operations. I've seen major
> problems with shipments with UPS getting stuck in
> customs forever, but that
> was a long time ago so maybe they've figured it out
> now.

does anyone know the best place to find out about
customs practices?  i've been searching and at times
the www can be a wonderful mess of useless pages
without any pertinent info.  i'm trying to find out
ways that i can lower my costs on shipping instruments
from europe (ie. like installing the electronics in-
house and having just the instrument bodies shipped
separately).  any and all help is beyond appreciated!

thanks...
peace and bass,
~ e va n
evanmeyers@yahoo.com