Re: I'm research the hardware ya'll use too. Hardware vs Software

>The response u people have given too my post has been incredibly
>generous, thankyou
>
>Here is a further question (sorry to just take from u people at the
>moment, be sure that I will be giving back as much as I can,
>including all my finished research, final paper etc.)
>
>I have an EDP and Polar (d.p.)
>I have access to the jamman, line 6 delays, boomerang
>
>To further my research I am going to spend basically every penny I
>have on looping equipment.... ( pleasurable research I am sure u
>will agree)
>
>Now the tricky bit I could buy a repeater (i know where one is and
>they are holding it for me)
>however they are very expensive the equivelent of $1000 here in
>england. That would pretty much wipe me out financially.
>Or I could buy the software Radial from cyling 74 to use with my G4
>powerbook Mac.
>And have money left to look at the loopIV upgrade for the EDP and to
>look at various Midi controllers.
>
>I have been reading the archived posting on the repeater and while
>it sounds pretty incredible, at a $1000 I am not sure its worth it.

I love the repeater.

But I'd go for loop IV and the software solution...
you'd have enough money left over to get pluggo
(100+ VST plug-ins).

The repeater just isn't versatile enough to justify
blowing your whole wad on it, particularly if you
have a DL4 AND an EDP!

     /t
--

http://loopNY.com ......................An "open loop": shows every