RE: "hold" note uninterrupted feature

>Im looking for a unit that will allow me to play one note, hit a button on
> the floor once, and it will sample and hold that note continuously and
> uninterrupted without any hint of decay or repeated attacks.

One of the examples in the Looper Construction Kit for Kyma is an "infinite
sustainer" that is intended for that exact purpose.  It's sort of a
"midi-looper" in terms of looping time, midway between a micro-looper (IIR
and FIR filters) and a "mega-looper" like the EDP, delay lines, etc.

You don't need to trigger it with a footswitch, though you can.  It listens
for your signal's attack and then grabs a tiny portion of the decay segment
and loops that.  So it hold the last note you play.  Of course, it works on
chords as well as single notes.  It operates quite well on signals with an
exponential envelope, like plucked or struck strings, struck marimba bars,
triangles, gongs, etc.  Smooth signals, like singing, come out really
wierd.

It's listed in the LCK manual, available free on-line:

http://www.greenteasoftware.com/download.htm

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com