lurker (was: UNUSUAL TECHNIQUES - LOOPING SOUNDS)

Title:
hi oj

probably you're the first "lurker" in this newsgroup ... ;-) ... it seems usual in this newsgroup to start with a big tratise 'bout led zeppelin and then start the endless loop of "unsubscribe","get me out of this list", "god d*ç%&ç* -remove now" &&&
but the loop community (thank god) doesn't seem much fundamental about all this looping stuff.
(... in fact THEY ARE fundamental with OT ... ;-)))

no, no, porfavor, not again ....

you're work sounds quite interesting ... are there any mp3?

& don't look forward to the new 3.0 ghz processors ... buy a g4 & max/msp and you'll be happy 'till you get old and wise.  (... oh, no, not OT again ...)

saludos, realjesus
www.real-jesus.net

ps. i think i'm lurking for years on this list    =8-))

oj222@btopenworld.com schrieb:
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking on this list for a while and enjoying all subject matter (the OT stuff as well).
I was actually wondering if I am actually a looper or not, because my set up is quite different from most of the people on this list.
I have been using a Laptop and Reaktor to create improvised music. My laptop is not quite a high enough spec to use live inputs to get loops from my guitar or bass. so I record these bits up front as well as other sounds (sometime using a 30 sec memo recorder on my wrist watch).
I then use one of the reaktor samplers to chop up these loops in realtime and sequence the loops using two step sequencers - one controlling individual sample hits and the other controlling loops of hits. both the step sequencers have a probability factor on each step so that the probability of the hit (or loop fragment) firing can be controlled. I use a pseudo random number to control the probability, but hopefully in my next version I'll resample the resulting loops and use those to control the probability.
One of the effects I can create with this is to create a drum track that has random fills, so I can leave the drums free to do their stuff while I manipulate other samplers (sorry drummers).
I'm looking forward to the new 3.0 ghz processors to come out so I can record the input live - then i'll be straight down to toy store!

Cheers
OJ

www.TheJupiter8.com

.