Re: FC question w/ EDP

  Hey Andy, thanks, I'm still there, but am still also decompressing from
the tour craziness in Cali.
  Yes, was thinking I will probably need to use note messages with the plex
at this point, unless I can find a PMC-10, which I'll probably try to do
soon...   Thanks again...   Have a great day!...

Smiles,

Cara

At 10:46 AM 2/4/03 EST, you wrote:
>Hi Cara
>(we're missing you at TLC)
>
>>  Hey All, -couple of quickie questions...   First off, I'm assuming the
>>  FCB 1010 is probably going to work out the best for use with the plex,
>but
>>  I also have an FC-200 and was curious for feedback from anyone using
either
>>  of these to control the EDP.   -differences, -similarities, etc...
>
>FC-200 has a wierd limitations on its Note-On function
>(kind of a compulsory keyboard layout)
>
>so no good for EDPing with Note-Ons
>
>Maybe you could get it to work with CCs,
>you'd have to program the "Note-Off" cc value on pedal
>release, if that's possible.
>
>I think the FC200 only does EITHER/OR for CC and progchange,
>not both at once, but then I'm not sure.
>
>I also thought maybe the FC200 only used one MIDI channel
>
>...but I've only been through the manual in a music shop, so
>only really remember that it soon became clear that it wasn't
>worth considering over the FCB1010 (about 3x the price)
>
>...as you have one already though!
>
>please let us all know how you get on
>
>>    Also, since the FCB doesn't seem to be able to generate separate midi
>>  data streams upon a pedal press and then a release, how are sus
>functions
>>  accomplished?
>
>use Note-On/Off
>
>essential for any EDP function that isn't a long press of the button
>
>andy butler

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.