Re: NYC Gigspam

Hi All -
I'm making my debut as a raga singer this Friday night!
First set is classical North Indian Raga -- the main performer/vocalist is
Michael Harrison, student of Pandit Pran Nath and Ustad Mashkoor Ali Khan.
I'm on supporting vocals.
Second set is solo looping by yours truly.  I've pared my rig down -- after
maxing out with 2 EDPS and various other (heavy) things, I decided it's
back
to basics -- so much more fun to go to gigs with less to carry!
After 2 odd years of looping in public, I seem to have reached a very
exciting point -- I've zoned in on what I want to do with it, and have
created this raga-influenced shamanistic stuff that I love to do, and that
seems to move the audience a lot.  A combination of written pieces and
improv.  Very vocal and breath-synth oriented.
So, if you're free on Friday, come check it out --
Michael Harrison & Steve Sandberg
with Latifa Nur Anderson and Maitreya Padukone
Friday, February 7, 8 PM
Atmananda Yoga
625-1511
552 Broadway & Prince