Re: MIDI Foot controllers (fcb1010)

>>I guess that the Behringer FCB 1010 bottom
> row would be fine. What functions would I loose by only using one row?
>How
is
> it configured and can the switches have programmable assignments? Ian.

Tthere are 6 footswitches on the upper/rear row.  5 of those are general
purpose and are no different than the corresponding 5 on the lower row, so
you would not lose any specific functionality by leaving them unused.

But there is one catch, the 'Up' bank select footswitch is on the right end
of the upper row, just immediately behind the 'Down' bank select
footswitch.
That might be an issue for you. Perhaps because it would be the only one
you
care about on that row and it is distinctly located just the the left of
the
continuous controller pedals, it would be 'legible'.

As to the configuration and all, I won't attempt to misquote that here, but
suffice to say there are a few limitations that annoy folks. In general it
seems to be a very useful unit for most applications. Given there is
nothing
else like it in that price range its hard to complain, but it is not all
things to all people.

A great user site for this unit is:
http://www.altrion.org/fcb1010/

Bob