Re: Quick stutteries and question on clearing loops

  Thanks Kim, Yeah, -am reading voraciously through all this, memorizing
menus and functions and such.   <smile>   Thanks to you and Per for the
help.  THIS MANUAL WILL BE ASSIMILATED!   rESISTANCE IS  FUTILE!   lol!

Smiles,

Cara

At 01:44 AM 2/10/03 -0800, you wrote:
>At 12:35 AM 2/10/2003, Goddess wrote:
>>   According  to the manual, which I'm periodically poring over, one
>can't
>>clear loops with a long press of record in this mode, because, TADA!
>>obviously it would then  record!, so you then can't achieve a completely
>>silent loop unless you leave one that way from the start, which I
>probably
>>won't be doing yet, so my question is this, is there some other way of
>>accomplishing this in the sus record mode.   I'll hopefully start working
>>with the FCB or some such midi controller this week, but is there a way
>>short of midi at the moment?   -or even with midi for that matter?   I
>>haven't gotten into that aspect of the plex yet, but will as I mentioned.
>
>one night owl to another-
>
>here are ways to reset while RecordMode=SUS
>
>- record a short loop of silence. It isn't really reset but it will shut
it up.
>- have multiple loops set up, switch to an empty loop, do a long press of
>Multiply. That does a general reset of all loops.
>- Use LoopIV and MIDI. there are DirectMIDI commands for reset and
>general
>reset.
>- again with LoopIV, use presets to switch to a preset with
>RecordMode=SUS
>and then do a long press of record. That one is kind of dumb really,
>since
>you could just as well use the DirectMIDI reset.
>
>kim

>Kim Flint                     | Looper's Delight
>kflint@loopers-delight.com    | http://www.loopers-delight.com

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.