Re:SV: EDP SUSRoundInsert --> bug

> Hi again,
>
>  I'm sorry to tell but this problem came up again. Reproducible. I stayed
>  clear from it when running overdub in "sus" mode, but when I changed to
>  a program with "overdub" in "tog" mode the whole sky came crashing down
>  as soon as I tried the DirectMIDI command "SUSRoundInsert". Quant
>  settings used were 16 8th/cycle. Unfortunately I happened to write over
>  that program with another one before writing down the rest of the
>  settings.

hi Per

Quant=8th is where the trouble lies.
I think a lot of the SUS functions suffer from a problem with
quantise: when the button is released in the 000 (waiting )
phase the EDP gets confused and operates like a TOG function.

This was a bug that got fixed for the non-DirectMIDI
SUS functions but seemed to escape otherwise.

8th Quant also produced a lot of bugs when introduced,
and I'm afraid I chose to eat and sleep rather than
Beta Test all those DirectMIDI combinations.
(didn't have a decent MIDI pedal anyway)

By "sky falling down" you mean something more than
just going into a toggled  Insert unexpectedly. So
I expect that the EDP is running through various bits
of its memory here.

At one time there was a plan to make the DirectMIDIs
available at any time, even if not approprate.
(for instance the DirectMIDI Reverse during a Multiply
was particularly fascinating)
This idea was squashed so that the directMIDIs could
safely go in the manual without frightening people
(or something like that;-)

I look upon the DirectMIDIs as a bonus feature,
and will certainly checking out your bug
for future musical use.

andy butler