Re: Re: how to vary loops

Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com schrieb am 10.02.03 19:04:15:

> Right, what the Repeater does with it's effects loop is totally
> possible with some sort of routing device... maybe an additional
> mixer/router combination.  For me, being able to step on a MIDI pedal
> and change my effect from at the input, to on the loop (not effecting
> the input at all) with out any extra hardware is crucial... well, maybe
> not crucial, but fun.
>
> This makes me think of the paradyne issues between the Repeater and the
> EDP.  Very interesting, IMO.  To me, it seems like the Repeater looks
> at audio like Silly Putty.  The EDP looks at audio like Legos.  Oh, if
> only you could get a Stereo EDP for $600...
>
> Mark Sottilaro
>
> On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 02:52 PM, Matthias Grob wrote:
>
> > Marklar said:
> >> I think varying a loop is pretty important.  Aside from a less than
> >> 100% feedback situation,
> >
> > yep, I love that :-)
> >
> >> I'm almost always applying some sort of effect to my loop via the
> >> Repeater's effects loop.  Usually the path includes processors that
> >> allow real time tweakage.  Being able to manipulate the loop while
> >> playing into the loop uneffected is what makes the Repeater my main
> >> looping device.
> >
> > but you can always put a processor after the EDP to get the same, no?
> > I also want my airFX switchable before and after the EDP. Not as
> > elegantely as the Repeater does it, but still, its just a switch!
> > --
> >

> >          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org

i use the effect loop of the repeater in a different way: i only plug it
to the mixer with the main outs. when i route a track to the (not plugged)
effect sends, it's muted. with the normal mute function i can't see, which
track is muted and which not, what can be a problem, when i start a new
song in a live situation. now i can see it with the fx-insert leds, and in
case of doubt i have a no-insert-knob on the midi foot pedal, so
everything is right when i start a new piece.
andi paulo
SMS verschicken und die Telefonnummer gleich im Adressbuch speichern.
Geht nicht? -  Geht doch! - http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021150