Re: looping as a profession

    I manage to squeek by here in northern Colorado just playing pick-up
gigs, and teaching a small group of students.  I am mostly able to do this
because of the instrument I play (bass players are still the rarest, and
good ones ever rarer), and the fact that I can live without drinking,
drugging, smoking, and going out.  I spend my free time (lots of that)
writing music, practicing, and recently learning as much as I can about
electronic music.

    I have tried using loops on some rock and funk gigs, but when playing
with other musicians monitoring is the biggest problem.  It would be nice
if
my looping devices (a Boss RC-20, and now an EDP) had a dedicated "Loop
Out"
output, which would just output the loops, and no direct signal.  This way,
if the drummer suddenly gets bass in his monitor he knows it's a loop and
that he has to follow it.

    Every day I feel blessed.  I am trying to make it worth society's while
to support me in my musical endeavors.  Hopefully people are able to
connect
with something that I do.

-J
http://www.neoprimitive.net