Re: looping as a profession

Last year was probably my best year so far in making money from
looping. I survived from February until the middle of december purely
from money that I made from the project. It was not a constant stream
of cash though, and I often went from richness/poverty within the same
week :)

Just from paypal donations alone,  I managed about $4,000
CD sales in 2000 were an estimated 1000 ($12,000).... I did not keep an
accurate record - just burn/sell/burn/sell... During Paris Plage, I was
able to sell about 50 a day on the street... plus there was a fair
amount of small coinage that came my way through my 'musical begging'.

As it was a cash economy, and also in fear of the taxman, I did not
keep any accurate records.

It was a hard life, but I'm going to start it off again at the end of
March :)
--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com