Re: Spiritual pathways through Looping

>Our rigs are the shrines to Looping.  We follow The Way of the Looper.
>Yeah?

somehow... if any spiritual group invites me to participate, I say:
only if you let me play, because thats my way...

>Now that my new-to-me rig is finished (for now), I've
>had a few evenings of thoughtless bliss just looping
>away.  Hours have passed by in what seems like
>minutes.  I feel in some ways tired afterwards, or
>maybe it's put better to say I feel I've expended
>energy, but it's a refreshing feeling all the same.  I
>know I've left consciousness as regularly experienced
>behind and journeyed outward, or maybe inward, and
>faced some abstraction; a subjective experience
>language can only begin to describe.

somehow like brain washing, in a good way, no?

>Now, I don't want to force a label on myself with the
>rest of you, rather I'm just observing personal
>phenomena.  "Spiritual" means many things to many
>people and can carrying with it some rigid
>connotations.  Yet, it strikes me as appropriate: I am
>driven towards creating this experience for myself,
>making a larger, more complex and able "shrine" to
>"whorship" at.

right, the developpment if the shrine is not really the aim, but the
constant use of it to go your (or "the loopers") way and develop
personally and help others to do so.
I must say that to myself often. I use almost the same setup for 15
years - after I developed it intensly for 10 years...
Actually a not enough considered question in daily life:
Do I do something so the thing is done (helps others) or to grow
while doing it?
Do the people that plant the rice I eat do it to feed me or to grow
themselves?

It often reminds me of a drug, too:
If you use it in a way you need more of it every day, you use it wrongly!
(growing loops are dangerous :-)
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org