Re: GR-30 vs Axon NGC-77

On Saturday, February 15, 2003, at 01:25 PM, S V G wrote:
>  In answer to your question, yes you will get noticeably
> better tracking from an Axon, if my own experience is accurate.

That's all I'm hoping for.

>      The Axon manual reads as if the original German was translated
> into Japanese and then Finnish
> before being rewritten in English by third graders.

HA!  I've been wondering what the Finns have been up to!

>   Unless you are pretty proficient at MIDI programming and deciphering
> poorly
> written manuals, I would steer you away from the Axon, despite the
> fact that it is more accurate
> and powerful.

Well, it just happens that I am pretty good at figuring out gear
without a manual.  Years of working in music stores that sold used gear
have given me an uncanny ability to figure out obtuse gear.  Just to be
on the safe side, I'll hire a German a Finn and a Japanese person to be
near while I'm going through the manual, just in case.  Here's the key
to all gear though:

Keep pressing buttons until it does what you want it to do.  DON'T LET
IT WIN.

Thank you for the advise,

Mark Sottilaro