Re: Minimalist rigs (long)

steve s. said...

> I feel lucky in that after going through a "maximal rig" setup for a
>year,
> I've come down to a very small one that is working for me.
> I started to feel with the "max" rig that, even though the...

> Back to the rig -

> My inspiration nowadays is an Indian musician I saw playing with Zakir
> Hussain who had dedicated his life, it seems, to playing a clay pot.  Not
> two clay pots, not three clay pots -- one clay pot.
> Cheers!

l love that thought...'one thing'.
there are numerous references to the value of 'one'.
i remember robert deniro in 'deerhunter' explaining this concept to his
hunting cohorts-"this.....is this!" holding a bullet in the air.
anyway-i hold on to this mantra of mine:
one guitar
one amp
one speaker
one world