Spurious, illusory non-synchronous faux-loop sighting in soon-to-be heavy rotation

I was on the treadmill at the gym this morning. In
front of the treadmills are twelve television sets,
each tuned to a different channel, with headphone
jacks on the individual treadmills. VH1 was on the TV
in front of me, and a Norah Jones award show
performance was being aired. Partway through the song,
I noticed some extremely cool heavily reverbed backing
vocals, singing the slower parts of the song during
the part where Norah's phrasing was faster. It fit
perfectly. I didn't see any backing vocalists doing
such a part, however, and the timbre really sounded
like Norah's own voice... I had almost convinced
myself that she was doing some very tasteful looping,
when I realized that the radio station playing through
the gym's speakers was playing the studio version of
the same song... Doh!

-t-