[LOOPSTOCK] General Info and Call for Submissions

Dear Loopers,

Loopstock 2003 will be held on Saturday, April 5th.  The venue will be
Chumash Auditorium on the campus of California Polytechnic State
University, San Luis Obispo, California U.S.A.  The festival will run
from 11 a.m. until 11 p.m.

Last year's Loopstock was a huge success, and was the first ever
gathering of it kind.  There were an estimated 40 to 50 loopers in
attendance, and until Rick Walker's Y2K2 Loopfest last July, it was the
largest gathering of Loopers ever under one roof.  They came from
Boston,
Philadelphia, Oregon, Brazil, and all over California.

Hopefully this year's Loopstock will be even bigger and better, and
again provide an opportunity for the Looping community to get together
face-to-face, share our music, and take Looping to the next level!

At this time, I would like to request that anyone interested in
performing at this year's Loopstock please either e-mail a bio and a
link to online music to:

hans@ernieball.com

or snail-mail a bio and CD to:

Hans Lindauer
549 Los Osos Valley Rd.
Los Osos, CA 93402

Please get these to me ASAP.  If you're going to use snail-mail, also
send an e-mail heads-up so that I can look for your packet.  I reserve
the right to keep any material sent to me, and to replicate one of your
songs on CD for promotional purposes.

Please keep in mind that Loopstock is an all-volunteer event and free to
the public, and as such you will need to cover your own meals, hotels,
travel expenses, etc.  Please think of this as more of a convention
than a gig.

I expect that there will be more submissions than there will be
performance slots available.  But that doesn't mean that everyone can't
still participate.  There will be many opportunities to be a part of
Loopstock, so please e-mail me if you wish to get involved.

If you know how and would be willing to design a flyer, build a web
page, ask sponsors for money, write a press release, record video or
audio, get T-shirts made, run a sound system, schlep gear, set up, tear
down, or do any of the other one-hundred-and-one things that will make
Loopstock special, please let me know!

Yours,

-Hans Lindauer